Monday, June 11, 2007

Dear Blog,

You were right; I did miss you.

It's just so hard to get in touch with you since I can't really talk to you while I'm at work, since I don't have any way of getting in touch with you when I'm at my place and since I've been ... ahem ... cheating on you with facebook. It's terrible, I know.

It's also confusing that you are 50% anonymous and 50% in touch with me. It's hard to know what's safe to say to you. If you were a complete stranger I could tell you all my scandals and not worry about what you would think.

And if you were a friend, you would know my name and I could show you my pictures and I could tell you weird things like how I felt I could walk right into the paintings by Renoir that I saw at the gallery in Ottawa and know that you understood.

Even so, I like you. Everytime something funny or strange or neat happens to me, I want to let you know.

If I make some changes to our relationship -- like making you more or less anonymous -- perhaps things will work out.

- g

p.s. Ottawa was amazing. I'll try to post some pictures later this week.

p.p.s. I have an appointment tomorrow with a surgeon about lazer eye surgery. If all goes well, I'll be in the operating room on Wednesday.

p.p.s.s. There's a store in Ottawa called Sugar Mountain. My poor teeth will never be the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geeks,

I did some deep soul probing while you were away and have come to a few conclusions:
-I missed you madly
-I need to let you go, since I love you. If you return, you are mine. If you don't, you never really were. Or something like that.

No hard feelings. Facebook is divine so I understand the attraction.

Losing my grip,
Blog

jfur said...

yyaahh! I am glad you are back.