Thursday, June 14, 2007

Getting reaquainted

Of course I couldn't stay away. How could I pass up the opportunity to write out obsessively-detailed accounts of my adventures?

Now that I'm back, it's time to share some secrets.

1) A fool proof way to get me to develop a rather serious crush on you (provided that you are: male, within my age range, relatively attractive) is to have a homeless guy we pass on the street mention the time you took him out for beer and conversation. Priceless.

2) I can't share this particular secret, other than to say that it was monumental and about time.

3) I have a birth mark on my upper thigh that I've used pretty much my whole life as a guide for how short my shorts can be. I just bought a pair of shorts that are significantly shorter than they should be. They're scandelously cute.

4) I added someone who used to stalk me as a friend on Facebook.

5) I don't know if I'll ever get used to the idea that my younger sister (the Photographer) is married. (I can't wait for you to come home, Sunshine).

6) I really wanted laser eye surgery so that if I went off in the jungle I wouldn't have to worry about my glasses breaking or getting lost. Now that I can't have the surgery (my corneas are too skinny) my less than realistic daydreams are even further away.

Your turn.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think boogers taste so bad.

geeksters said...

And that texture ... yay for salty Jello.

jfur said...

yahhh you're back!

geeksters said...

Thanks, I'm glad you care.

Sometimes it feels like I'm putting my soul on the internet for no one to find, it's nice to know you're listening.

geeksters said...

Eek. I did the thing I hate the most -- I joined two sentences not with a connecting word or a semi-colon but with an illict comma. I meant for that to say, "find, so it's."

Deepest apologies.

Jen said...

Glad to see you back. I check in daily and am always disappointed to see no new post. :)

Anonymous said...

I really want to come home, but since I can't you should come visit me??? I miss you.

geeksters said...

Hi dear. I totally forgot to send "Dangerous Dude" for you. I found the story last night and, if it doesn't take too long, I might type it up for you and e-mail it. The city is so much quieter without you. I was thinking of maybe heading out to Vancouver sometime in the summer, so we'll see.