Saturday, April 14, 2007

Nice things

Nice thing 1:

Faunty and I were at the library the other day and I was looking at the magazine selection. Time looked especially interesting with a double-edition feature issues around climate change and I really wanted to read it. Unfortunately the library holds on to a new magazine until a newer one comes in to replace it, so Faunty and I left sans Time.

The next day I checked my mail and (get ready for a touch of irony) that issue of Time was waiting there for me. Turns out the person who lived in the apartment before me didn't let the magazine know she moved. I hope I keep getting Time for free forever.

Nice thing 2:

I had a shower just before meeting a friend for a leisurely Saturday morning walk and my hair was still damp when we started walking. It was so nice out that the sun dried my hair and I wasn't even a tiny bit cold.

Nice thing 3:

I got my taxes back today and the total comes to $2,100. Yes, that's the right number. $2,100 is a lot of money. And payday is on Monday. I'll pay off the last bit I owe on my student loan and I'll finally be in the plus. Yay.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a load of goodness!