Tuesday, February 13, 2007

To do:

I move into my new home in nine hours. Most of my stuff is packed and ready to go. I can't wait to have another set of keys jingling around in my purse.

The Snowplower called today to make plans for later. I'm unpacking all morning on Valentine's Day and he works the afternoon shift (or so he says) so we're planning on hanging out on Thursday.

I have to pop into the office tomorrow to do some paperwork and to officially accept the job.

Also, I still need to buy a collection of dress pants and a navy sweater vest. (I know sweater vests aren't the hight of style, but I saw one I loved and am waiting desperately for the store to get one in my size.

I'm planning on doing a lot of cooking and baking at my parents' house over the next few days so I'll actually have something to eat besides cupboard shelves.

I have my phone and power hookups starting in the morning and have already bought some environmentally-friendly florescent lights to put up.

I'm excited about having my own place and being able to do what I want, when I want. But I think it could get pretty lonely not having my big family to hang out with all the time. And I'm worried that I'm going to let the Snowplower visit just often enough that my place will smell like him and feel empty when he's not there. I really don't want that.

No comments: