Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Valentine's vices

1. This time every year, I overdose on cinnamin hearts. I eat them by the handful until my eyes water and until my tastebuds fall off. I once made a friend take a mouthful while she was driving on the highway -- we barely survived.

2. I can't stand getting flowers. While I think they're pretty and smell nice and all, I have this weird compulsion where I rip the petals off and destoy them. This started when two huge creeps gave me flowers (separate incidents) that I ruined.

3. I was "seeing" this guy in Grade 8 and I ended things between us on Valentine's Day because he kept talking while I was reading a funny book. It was, like, totally so annoying.

4. A few years ago, I had quite the Valentine's dilemma.

I was thinking about maybe starting up a relationship with this guy I worked with (incidentally, my friends and I now refer him as Psycho) when this other guy who I'd been dating sporatically for about a year (he lived out of town and only came back once every few months) called to see what I was doing for Valentine's Day.

I didn't want to have to choose between them, so I spent Valentine's alone.

5. When I have assorted boxes of chocolates and don't know what's inside them, I dig little holes in the bottoms and taste them. If they're orange or any other gross flavour, I sneak them back into the box.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I totally buy an entire bin of those cinnamon hearts too, started 3 years ago and now it's tradition. I also hate chocolates with centres other than caramel, but I can't say I'm as sneaky as you in putting them back...

jfur said...

why do they even bother making the orange ones???!?! have you ever met anyone who likes them?

geeksters said...

Caramel centres are delicious. And strawberry and assorted nuts and lovely truffles...

I think the only chocolate/orange combination that works is the one in the Terry's smashing oranges. And that only works because it's so fun throwing food at the wall.