Tuesday, February 20, 2007

News plops

The Snowplower and I are done for real this time. He did something that hurt me and I spent the whole "relationship" being confusing and alternating between really liking and really disliking him.

It was messy from the start, but part of me was really starting to care about him.

I haven't been able to sleep well since the ending began and sometimes it feels like I'm suffocating when I'm alone in my apartment, but I'll be okay.

I'm going to spend the lonely times making myself a better person and doing more of the things I love like painting and yoga.


***
In completely unrelated and happier news, my job is amazing. It's so fun and busy and refreshing. My co-workers are taking my suggestions seriously and I feel like a respected and valuable part of our department. I worked on my own this morning doing some research and writing and spent the afternoon in a few meetings, laughing with the bosses.


***
It's hard work scouring all the grime from an old bathtub, wooden window wells, baseboards and walls. I thought my apartment was in pretty good shape until the cleaning spree started. Now it's looking like it will take hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the end of things with the Snowplower. Maybe Art Gallery Guy will be your knight in shining armour?

PS: I'm meeting with the editor this Friday

*poops pants in fear*

geeksters said...

Good luck with your meeting. I know you'll be great!

Michelle said...

Good for you for realizing the truth of the situation. Very proud of you. As for yoga, i love it too. I started teaching again 6 weeks ago. And guess what? Paul bought me an easel with all types of paint so I am going to start to paint as well.