Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A room of one's own

I looked at three apartment suites yesterday and today I snatched up the best one. It's a cute tiny bachelor suite that's just the right size for me and my lack of stuff.

It's within walking distance to my new job, a coffee shop and a park. The building is charmingly old and I have fabulous hardwood floors and a sunrise-facing window. This apartment, unlike my last one, has a bathtub, which I promise to enjoy, and it has a storage room I can use as a bedroom since my bed is just little enough to fit inside.

I move in on Valentine's Day and start my new job two days after that.

My walls were being painted yesterday and they're a kind of apricot beige with popping white trim. I'm in the middle of painting my kitchen table and two old wooden chairs my mom gave me. I have white paint on my elbow, all over my hands, in my hair and on my jaw. Even though I keep painting myself, the chairs are starting to look good.

My new life is starting soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you, that sounds totally fantastic!

Jill said...

Congratulations! We love having our own little nest. I'm so excited for you as you start this new chapter in life. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect.

Jen said...

Sounds great! I can't wait for your "new life" to begin. :)