Sunday, February 11, 2007

High society

I feel very cultured because of my activites this weekend.

Last night Faunty and I went to the symphony and it was delicious. I loved it. The music really came alive and filled me up. The symphony is almost too much for me. The conductor once described it as "discovering seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth dimensions" and as going from seeing in black and white to seeing in colour.

This afternoon I went with a friend and her boyfrind for a cozy Sunday activity. We went to have a look around an art gallery and to see some ancient carvings. My friend's boyfriend ran into a guy he knew (an anthropologist in training), so the four of us walked aroung the exhibits together. The Smart Guy and I started talking when we were both awed by a Buddist idol that was over 2,000 years old and had spent most of its life guarding a Chinese outdoor temple.

Our group had only made it halfway through the gallery when I had to leave, but everyone else followed me out. Smart and I had only been talking a little here and there and he kept giving me information he had learned in class about some of the artwork, but he seemed disappointed that I had to go. We all made plans to go back to the gallery next week to see the rest of the display, and I'm counting it as a kind-of sort-of date.

Smart said goodbye to me with a little bow (he seriously had his hands together at chest hight and dipped his head towards me) and added, "It was more than a pleasure meeting you." It was strange but still really cute.

(I haven't forgotten about the Snowplower, but he seems to have forgotten about me. We haven't talked since Thursday morning even though I'm pretty sure he had the weekend off. I think he'll call Tuesday morning at 10:30, since we seem to have a standing phone date at that time. Things with him are frustrating and exhausting and I'm not sure if I want him to have my new number.)

No comments: