Monday, October 22, 2007

My possible nest

Lately I’ve been thinking it would be nice to have a home of my own. It would be nice to have my rent go towards actually buying something. It would be nice to escape my roommate’s incessant door-bell ringing girlfriend and to know that only people I choose to let in would be allowed in. It would be nice to have a little nest.

I have my heart set on this cute tiny green and white house: I’ve been pre-approved for a mortgage, I have my deposit ready, I’m buying a bunch of furniture from my grandma’s estate (she passed away last week and I’ve been meaning show you the tribute I wrote her, which was adapted and read at her funeral), and I’m ready to buy the house and move. There’s just one little problem – the house isn’t for sale anymore.

The house had been listed for about two months and I kept drooling over it. I had just decided late last week to make an offer when my realtor said the owner is taking the house of the market temporarily while making some improvements so he can put the price up. While a contractor working at the house told me all the owner is doing is painting, putting in new carpet and replacing the bathroom sink and toilet, my realtor is guessing the price will go up $20,000. Needless to say, I don’t want to pay $20,000 for a paint job. I’m trying to get my realtor to talk to the owner and see if the owner and I can come to an agreement on the new price and the repairs being done.

I can’t stop thinking about the house and imagining myself living in it. It’s not in the best neighbourhood, but it’s affordable, in good shape and just the right size to fit me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mon amour!

it's been far too long... are you well?

fun! home ownership! a morgage!

the morgage part is most dreafully pedestraian i'm sure you'll agree, but the fun of baking in your very own little suzy homemaker oven!

getting laid at all dear? you know what they say about all work....

myself? oh i think i'm a virgin again. or like a virgin, anyway. i've got the lace and rubber bangles somewhere.

making a big fat fantasy movie in tokyo. you'll adore it. mad frocks.

also, in a way, thrilled to see that you've nearly abandoned this journal, which leads one to believe that your life has become richer. how lucky!

go get em, sis.

kisses,

p

Anonymous said...

Nice house!

geeksters said...

Hi P,

Glad to hear from you again. I am well and I hope you are too.

-g