Tuesday, October 02, 2007

In the last month, I …

- worked a lot of overtime all over the province,
- got into the habit of eating cake in hotel beds,
- kissed a bellboy in a park behind the hotel,
- decided to take a break from dating and from boys and am relieved to just be still,
- took a lot of photos,
- got tired,
- visited my sick grandma and told her that I love her,
- cried a lot,
- tried (unsuccessfully) to wash the last of the terrible dye job our of my hair,
- thought about scratching my tattoo off even though I love it,
- drew a picture of my soul (it’s red and white and blowing in the breeze),
- realized I’m so abstract it’s hard for people to understand me,
- went for a brilliant massage,
- actually did my physio exercises for the first time in months,
- got shot in the head while paint-balling,
- heard I have a shot at moving up into a contract job that has benefits and doesn’t come with “intern” in the title,
- crunched the yellow leaves on the sidewalk,
- watched the season premieres of Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy,
- got annoyed that Faunty didn’t get a phone when she moved in a few blocks away from me,
- became such a hotel snob that I checked out of one (disgusting) hotel after ten minutes and upgraded to the Hilton,
- was mistaken for a piece of artwork at a fancy restaurant when I was eating alone, separated from another table by a frosted-glass window,
- fell in love with chocolate martinis,
- gave presentations to other employees about what my department is working on,
- pulled a presentation together even when the laptop and powerpoint slides wouldn’t work,
- got impatient for an election to be called,
- saw the premier at a media conference and didn’t tell him he’s guaranteed my vote,
- was trusted to borrow a shiny company car,
- didn’t crash or otherwise damage the shiny company car,
- became more confident,
- paddled (and lost) at the Dragon Boat races,
- and became happier.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like an exciting few weeks. You did and accompished so much.

The last one is the best though. :)

Anonymous said...

You forgot one:
-wrote another great blog post (after being away for far too long!)

Anonymous said...

Can you proofread something for me? I would prefer to keep it on the downlow. I hate to ask an autonomous person for an e-mail address, so if you want to send me a line at ieeeandy@gmail.com

Michelle said...

Became happier. How wonderful!