Monday, November 26, 2007

Grey Cup night

Last night the team I was cheering for won the Grey Cup and thousands of fans headed into the street whooing and high-fiving late into the night.

I had to work in the morning, so I was thinking about just going home to bed, but my friend insisted I celebrate in the streets with her. She said: “You’re only 25 once and we’re not going to win this again in the next 20 years.”

So we went out and had some cold fun, which resulted in a police officer grabbing my arm and pushing me onto the sidewalk when I went to cross a street illegally. That’s the closest I’ve come to going to jail, and it was a bit of an adventure being manhandled by the police :)

I was pretty cold even though I was bundled up in a puffy jacket, scarf, hat, ski boots and mitts. Only my eyes and nose were exposed.

When I decided it was time to go home, I walked, alone, down a main street. I was only a few blocks from my friends and there were still tons of people around when I heard a drunk guy in a truck yell something about me being a hooker. Startled and a little afraid, I hurried home as fast as I could and was happy to lock the door behind me.

What I learned:
- Celebrating football victories with friends is good.
- Walking alone in the dark is not so good.

I should invest in a big, scary boyfriend or pepper spray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hookers in the States are different, they usually try to attract patronage by wearing as little clothing as possible, even in winter. Congratulations for your new status as Homeowner. I hope I'm not too late, but don't buy a Kohler toilet unless you want a lifetime of anguish.

Kohler is my most hated of all plumbing fixtures...