Sunday, May 13, 2007

Wedding

The Photographer is getting married in six days. Six days is not a lot of time and I still haven't gotten used to the idea of her being a Mrs.

She's a year and a half younger than me and it's weird to think of my little sister being old enough to get married. I don't even consider myself an adult, so when people who're younger than me think they're ready for grown-up stuff.

My first boyfriend was engaged by the time he was 20, most of my childhood friends are married and/or have kids, and now my little sister who used to battle me for the rights to read the newest Sweet Valley Twins book is going to be half of an "us."

Also, I just discovered that both of the guys I was reserving* in case I ever wanted to settle down** are married or are in the process of getting married.

So I'm having a bit of a crisis coming to terms with all the marrying going on.

I should mention I'm happy for the Photographer. She seems happy and snuggley and ready. And I just bought my very own camera to take pictures for her since she'll be way too busy these next few days to worry about getting all the shots she'll want later.

* I suppose it might have helped if I told them I was keeping them just in case.

** Highly unlikely.

No comments: