Monday, July 07, 2008

What's up

So it's been a while, huh? I guess that means it's time for another list...

- My job ended two months ago, because it was a contract position.

- When my job ended, I decided that instead of being sad or bored I would have an amazing adventure. So I went to the Philippines for six weeks.

- While on vacation, I accidentally went on a date with a married man who happened to have two children.

- I discovered his secret a day after the date (just a hint: reporters make pretty good detectives) and am very relieved that I didn't let anything happen other than a beautiful moonlit hug.

- I had a million adventures that included: almost being hit in the head with a falling coconut, snorkling in the ocean, accidentally having a bum massage when the hotel masseuse didn't understand I just wanted a back massage, staying all by myself for a week, swimming in the ocean, drinking San Miguel Light, learning to squat poop while holding a stall door closed (this takes some serious talent), taking a private art class, going to a stranger's burial, rejecting a few offers for free taxi rides, making my way across an island by bus, relying completely on the kindness of strangers, seeing homeless people laying on cardboard on the sidewalk, eating cheese ice cream (very stringy), and making a pile of new friends.

- I've been home three weeks now and am just starting to look for a job. I'm trying to hold out for something perfect. In the meantime, I'm doing some work on my house.

- When I came home, the guy I dated last winter said he missed me and asked if we could get back together. Of course I said yes. We've bothgrown a lot since the last time we dated and he really is one of the best guys I know. He knows I haven't had the healthiest relationships in the past and is trying to teach me what "normal" is. He's kind to me and he's so smart and fun. I've been smiling so much lately that my face feels different. It's great and I really hope things work out this time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that it is about stinking time that you posted? Did you know that some people find your life so interesting and delightful to read about that they check back weekly even when you don't post for months and months?

Jen said...

I agree with anonymous.

Sounds like a look of good is going on for you, which is wonderful!

I was hoping to see you at yoga tonight ... darn.

Anonymous said...

I missed you. Please visit more often, OK? The internet needs you.