Monday, February 25, 2008

Another list of what’s new

Back in the summer, I bought three beautiful simple silver picture frames and have been putting my “artwork” up for display in them in the living room. The problem is that while the living room is full of colour, my bedroom has essentially nothing on the walls. So today I picked up another frame (16 x 20) to bring some life to my room.

On Thursday morning, I’m going to be in the boardroom presenting the project I’ve been working on for the past several months to other members of my department. I can’t wait to see what everyone else has to say.

My big sister had her baby last week. It’s a girl! The baby is cute, sweet and calm. Her brothers already adore her.

I’ve been going to a new yoga class lately. It’s called Hot Yoga, and they turn the heat up so you get really sweaty during the class. I love it. It’s the most relaxing yoga class ever. The first time I went, I wasn’t having the greatest day and I started to cry during the lights-out laying-on-your-back relaxation time. I really like how the class seems to pull my negative feelings out, leaving me feeling lighter and freer.

The guy I had been seeing who broke up with me earlier this month and I have decided we’re going to try and stay friends. I’ve missed him a lot these past few weeks and can’t wait to start hanging out again. I’m hoping we end up getting back together eventually, but for now I just want to be around him.

The guy I thought was gay has turned out to be not gay at all – and it’s kind of disappointing. A girl can never have too many gay boy friends, after all. This new guy likes me, but I’m not at all interested in anything more than friendship and have told him as much. He’s sweet and spiritual and considerate, so he’d be great to have as a friend. I’ve been tagging along with him to these Buddhist meditation sessions and my soul feels like it’s growing and being set free.

I’ve been reading a lot lately. Eat, Pray, Love was fantastic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your problems seem insurmountable to me. Usually, the biggest decision I have to make in a day is, "Should I eat a second grilled cheese sandwich?"

Be well and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.